Sunday, October 12, 2008

A Walker A Day....

TAKES YOUR CALVE MUSCLE AWAY!!

Zoinks. Yesterday was the first day I had paid any real attention to the bottom half of my 'bad' leg... I've been so focused on the top half, when and where to bend etc., that I didn't really notice how thin my calve had gotten - in just 2 WEEKS. Mortified.

I've never had real shapely calves, and they've always been on the 'thin' side, but what little shape I did have is now gone! my left leg looks like a 10 year olds :(

I'm hoping they build back up as quickly as they disappeared...any words of encouragement from the hip chicks out there is GREATLY appreciated on this subject :)

All for now...may post again later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rache
You will be surprised how quickly you regain strength and form in your leg once you start walking on it again. By month 4 (or so) your calf will look like nothing ever happened. I'll give you a call when Denise and I get back into town. I am sure by then you'll be really ready to get out of the house for an outing.
Lauren

Acy said...

hi rachel,
i'm jennie and having a RPAO in 2 days. Thanks for blogging the specifics, its helped a lot! Hope you recover quickly!!

-jne