Sunday, August 31, 2008

tick, tick, tick...

26 days and counting...

We just returned from a fab trip to England to watch my brother get married to the wonderful Alex :) What a day, the weather held out and was just perfect, couldn't have asked for anything better, and the bride and groom both looked fantastic!!

So, now I'm back, the real countdown starts...

Coming up:
Pre-op meeting with Dr. Schrader on Sept 9th
Pre-op assessment telephone interview with Northside on Sept 18th

and the week after is...well, it, the big day.

Of course, during our last few days in England, I received many well wishes from my family and friends, all cheering me on from across the pond. My parting words were "check the Blog!"...since the plan is for Jim (hubby) and hopefully mom to keep this up to date during the first few hours/days...

I've already lined up the important things to get done before the surgery; hair cut, hair color, and a facial :) and schedule permitting, I may try and squeeze in a massage the day before.

I have a couple of busy weeks ahead at work, which I know will keep my mind occupied which is a good thing and I'm really trying to not think about it too much...but I'm certain the week of the surgery (it's not until the Friday) will be a different game altogether.

'tis all for now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey sis - sorry didnt get to speak to you before you left, what with honeymooning and all that jazz - but anyway - we'll be seeing you soon, everything will be fine with the op - and anyway, you'll be asleep anyway, watch out for the hangover tho...... its a belter :)

Marina said...

I'm scheduled for my PAO a month after you - looks like I'll be stalking your blog for all the advice I can get :P

have you donated blood for the surgery?